Saturday, April 28, 2012

Next Day Soup and day after also


Add to Technorati FavoritesI
  1. 2 Split chicken breast with bones
  2. 1/2 a green cabbage (leftover from the cole slaw) cut in 4 pieces
  3. 2 Tbs of left over Montreal Spice
  4. 1/2 tomato paste
  5. 1 1/2 cups of leftover baked beans
  6. 2 Potatoes peeled and diced
  7. 2 carrots sliced
  8. 1 1/2 cup  frozen peas
  9. 2 ears of corn cut in half
  10. 15 pearl onions
Directions:

Very simple : Put everything in a large pot cover with water and boil for 90 minutes.
Adjust heat salt and pepper to your taste.
My next recipe is with the left overs of this soup.

I will turn it into a mushroom, beef barley. So here it goes.

Since the chicken was gone, I added beef.

  1. 3/4 lbs of cubed beef (I used the trimmings of a filet I had.
  2. 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
  3. 2 more potatoes diced
  4. 2 more carrots sliced
  5. 1 cup of barley
  6. 2 more years of corn cut in thirds
  7. 1/4 head of cabbage cut in 2 pieces
  8. 1 cup frozen peas
  9.  more water just to cover everything.
I say more since it is the same ingredients I used for the recipe from above.
The idea is that you can use whatever you have or want. 



Adjust salt pepper and heat to taste.



No comments: